At the beginning of a relationship, you were probably excited to spend as much time together as you could. You wanted to go out dancing, you wanted to taste the seasons together, and between all this, you figured what the flavor of your relationship was. When you knew that you have found the person of your dreams, you probably wanted to spend all your time with them. And slowly, the days spent at home with them turned into weeks, months, and years.
When you have been together for a while, the pace slows down and the routine sets in. However, people find joy in those everyday moments too. Instead of longing for the wild nights of the 20s with strangers and acquaintances, you probably enjoy the quieter evenings with your loved ones. The number one person you want to spend time with is most likely your spouse or partner.
Long-term relationships can be equally fun and the beauty of it lies in the small moments. Every moment of life is precious and waiting for the bigger and more arresting moments could prove disheartening. Moreover, they may be far and few in-between. Instead, the joys of a long-term relationship lie in cherishing each other, every single day.
Artist Amanda Oleander has captured those moments beautifully in her illustrations. Here are 12 that will warm your heart:
1. When a hug feels like a safe space
2. When breathing in the scent of your hair is a special kind of intimacy
3. When watching him is all the entertainment you need
4. When a back hug is the best hug
5. When the shared silences become comfortable
6. When you don’t know where they end and you begin
7. When they have become your best person who can make the dullest day bright and shiny
8. When you’re thankful for every little thing they do for you
9. When you fit perfectly with each other
10. When playing with their hair is the most heavenly feeling in the world
11. When you are all he needs
12. When bedtime is the best time