Singer, songwriter, actress, Grammy award winner, and mother, Olivia Newton-John is one of the few Hollywood stars who inspires generations with her body of work and way of life. Born in England and raised in Australia, Olivia made her mark in the industry with her role as Sandy in the 1978 film Grease. She also won a Grammy Award for Best Country Female Vocal Performance, for her 1973 album Let Me Be There.
Throughout her journey as an artist and influencer, she has lived life the way she wanted to make it. She has loved fiercely, made some powerful decisions and taken full responsibility for the consequences. She is not only a delight on-screen but also an epitome of strength and positivity in real life. As she celebrates her 71st birthday today, we wish her long and healthy life and hope she keeps inspiring us for the years to come.
Here are 10 quotes by the evergreen actress which will compel you to take charge of your life and make it wonderful!
1. “I look at my cancer journey as a gift: It made me slow down and realize the important things in life and taught me to not sweat the small stuff.”
2. “Once you face your fear, nothing is ever as hard as you think.”
3. “To ‘be loved’ is the most basic of human needs. Like a flower, it waters the human soul. But ‘to love’ is a true blessing.”
4. “Fight each round take it on the chin. And never never never ever give in.”
5. “My biggest mistake was my best lesson… you don’t learn anything when everything is going perfectly.”
6. “I don’t know what my path is yet. I’m just walking on it.”
7. “My memories are inside me – they’re not things or a place – I can take them anywhere.”
8. “I live every day to its fullest extent and I don’t sweat the small stuff.”
9. “I do have high standards, but I don’t expect anything from anyone that I don’t expect from myself.”
10. “I love life and nothing intimidates me anymore.”