When we have gone through long periods of being extremely mentally or emotionally stressed, oftentimes our souls can fall into deep rest that feels a lot like being depressed because it has similar symptoms.
And as much as we want to pick ourselves up by thinking positive and shifting our focus to be more energetic, we will still likely feel exhausted and low.
The reason why this happens is that our soul needs time to heal in the same way broken bones take time to repair. Although our soul is not visible, it is as important as the vessel in which it is contained, thus we should treat soul healing with the same seriousness as body damage.
If we ignore the signs that our energy is depleting, it can lead to very serious consequences such as chronic anxiety, mental health issues, and depression. Here are 10 signs that your soul is exhausted and depleted of energy.
1. During the day, all you want to do is rest and lie down. You tend to nap frequently and sometimes you struggle to awake and get out of bed. During the night, you feel restless because when you sleep you experience intense dreams and nightmare that feel so real.
2. You feel an aching sensation throughout all your body. You may feel tension, dizziness, stomachaches, blurred vision, and headaches without any reason.
3. When someone asks you what’s wrong with you, you don’t know what to respond because even you don’t know how you feel. You know that something complex and deep is happening inside you, but you can’t describe why you feel that way and more importantly, why you can’t get out of that energy.
4. You often feel fragmented and disorientated because your mind and body are out of sync.
5. All your emotions are intensified. You feel extremely emotional and you may find yourself crying for no apparent reason. You often feel like your heart would explode with love one moment and broke the other.
6. You experience mild panic attacks or chronic anxiety.
7. You feel profoundly lonely even when you are among other people. You start questioning the people around you and who you can trust because you feel on the defense most of the time.